“All Together Now” – Integrating Advising & Student Support Services
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
DEADLINE: Friday, June 16, 2017
Conference Theme: Integrated & Holistic Advising Approaches
A coordinated approach to delivering advising services helps to create a more seamless experience for our students. A number of Ontario institutions are moving toward and/or implementing more integrated and/or coordinated approaches to advising service delivery.
- What is your approach to advising practice and/or advisor professional development?
- Have you (or has your advising office) partnered with another unit outside of advising to provide a new, more integrated service or event for your students?
- Are you integrating new technology or new tools into your advising practice?
- How have you integrated new learning, a new skill, new advising techniques &/or theory into your advising practice?
Presentation Proposal Guide:
Proposals relevant to the conference theme will receive extra consideration from the selection committee. That said, proposals on all topics are welcome. We are interested in hearing from any individual (or group) working with students in an academic advising, coaching, counseling or supportive role. This includes staff, managerial and faculty members at post-secondary institutions across Ontario. We encourage first-time presenters and experienced workshop facilitators to answer this call.
The call for proposals is open until Friday, June 16, 2017.
Conference Presentation Selection Criteria:
- Generates ideas or reports on research and practice to inform ongoing discussions about advising in Colleges and Universities in Ontario
- Presents strategies for effectively implementing new ideas and technology into advising practice
- Contributes to the personal and professional development of advisors
- Encourages active learning among conference attendees